The Best Personal Trainer tricks for losing belly fat fast!
Yes I am cheating a little here because it's kind of a clickbait title for a serious London Personal Trainer like me to have written, but I'm going to give you some genuine advice that will actually have an impact.
Now don't get me wrong I'm about to explain some of the best ways to lose fat from your belly...... but it's not quite as straight forward as that.
You see body fat cannot really be spot reduced!
Check out our body transformations by clicking here
You see in order to lose belly fat you're going to need to lose fat from everywhere else as well, it's just that simple folks, so what I'm getting at here is that any advice I give you is going to affect your whole body and not just one specific region, it's also going to help turbo charge your brain, health and vitality so pay attention.
So yes you can try and improve blood flow to an area in the hopes that this is going to make a meaningful difference but, unless you are making the changes detailed below, that ultra expensive cream/supplement/waist trainer belt is probably not going to have much of an effect (and if you are doing these things your results will likely still not have anything to do with the aforementioned creams/supps/waist trainers).
Also If it's the magic bullet you are searching for to allow you to cheat and do the practically impossible....... well then that's probably part of the problem, because the likelihood is you are simply not doing the actual work required, I'm going to cover the basics so that you can make sure you are focussing on the things that will have the biggest impact.
- Sleep more and sleep better. not getting enough sleep can play havoc with your hormones, especially leptin and ghrelin which control satiety and appetite, it will also affect your sensitivity to carbohydrates, clean up your sleep hygiene by sticking to a bed time routine to help you get better quality sleep too.
- Drink enough water! seriously folks drinking more water is about as easy as it gets when it comes to strategies that will help you lose fat, your body cannot perform at it's best in the gym if you are even slightly dehydrated, in fact so many bodily functions become impaired by mild dehydration that it will significantly affect your ability to function not only physically but cognitively. if you are wondering whether you drink enough water....... you probably don't!
- Eat in a calorie deficit, Ok this should go without saying but in order to lose body fat you need to eat in a calorie deficit, no you don't need to starve yourself but you do have to be in a deficit.
- Eat nutritionally dense foods, you can eat more food in a calorie deficit if you focus on food volume, 2000 calories of nutritionally food takes up a lot more room that 2000 calories of junk food...... Aim for 80% of your calories to come from nutritionally dense foods and you'll likely eat a lot less junk food.
- Get more steps in. Increase your activity, simply adding a 30 minute walk in each day will add up to a significant increase in activity over the course of the week, if you want to see better results aim for 8000 step a day as an average increasing this slightly over time.
- Gain some muscle! no you don't need to look like Arnie in his prime but getting stronger should be a priority for everyone, especially if you want to look good naked when you lose that belly fat, no one wants to look scrawny when they get to the end of a diet (that includes you ladies) so getting stronger will give you a reason to retain what muscle you have whilst dieting to lose belly fat.
These are basic changes folks, but they are changes that I try to get every one of my clients to implement, why? because they really do work.
Everyone wants to know about the sexy new training program or the super fad diet that has been made popular by whatever celebrity is currently in the news, but the basics are what work and unless you have these on point there is no point trying to do anything else.
Do the basics, do them well and you will lose body fat every where, Including from your belly.
Ready for your own Body transformantion?
Book a free consultation now!